Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Testimony To Poetic Truth

In Lieu of Happiness


How does it feel to be on the other side of the field?
The battles within ridiculing the shield

The rules I stuck to with such arrogance
I broke them myself in such innocence

Egotistical I were, but it won’t be the same
Mocked love, in oblivion of cupid’s vindictive aim
Innovative I were, but I cannot dodge this pain
Miserable I became, when the victim reigned

“One cannot appraise a person so high
How can a life be over with an instant bye?”
Pragmatic taunts, but it was a lie
Cultivating conflict inside, as i die

I didn’t know what I had until it wasn’t mine
Excruciating void and no ownership of time

The pain I hide, my pretentiousness!
Smiles i pursued, in lieu of happiness

-Hussain

http://mousematrix.wordpress.com/2008/10/03/in-lieu-of-happiness/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://mousematrix.wordpress.com/2008/12/05/the-conquest-of-happiness/

A sequel to in lieu of happiness, i hope you like it.